The habitual suspension of some students is a pervasive problem in schools . . . often with little or no impact on changing these students’ behaviors. Some students become suspension “frequent flyers” and seem to be sent home from school on a routine basis.
Reversing Suspension explores insights and strategies used in exemplary schools where home suspensions have been dramatically reduced. The primary goal of the authors is to share what has worked best for turning around habitually suspended students’ attitudes and choices so they can become more successful in school.
The CD contains ready-to-print forms, surveys, assessments, and homework sheets that can be used with your school staff, parents and students. Examples of printable pages you can modify to your needs include:
Scenario-based student activities to build school success through:
- Performance: (Learning to self-assess behaviors)
- Responsibility: (Exploring consequences to different choices)
- Conflict-Resolution: (Resolving interpersonal conflict)
- Reflection: (Exploring the student choices and outcomes)
- School staff strategy-builders for challenges of different intensities
- Forms for students & school staff
- Recommendations and take-home sheets for parents/guardians
And much more!